Zurich: On-Primes to Azure migration for predictive analytics tools (DataIKU, RStudio, RConnect, Dominos)
The benefits of moving to the cloud-based infrastructure have been most noticeable in the speed at which products and services are now delivered, although productivity savings are also significant. Migration solutions with a high level of automation will minimize planned downtime—but avoiding manual operations is also an important factor in minimizing unplanned downtime and avoiding business disruption.
Cloud services offer Less Costs, 24 X 7 Availability, scalability, Elasticity, Security etc. technological advantages hence, Zurich wants to build their solution in Azure. Objective of this is to migrate On-Primes predictive analytic tool setup on Azure for Data scientist users for their analysis.
- Migration with Azure Active Directory user Sign on for each and every tool as part of security implementation
- Need to do the containerization implementation for each and every tool
- Need to migrate predictive analytics tools (DataIKU, RStudio, RConnect, Dominos) from On-primse with existing data migration and Database structure to cloud
- Need to do the High Availability, NFS implementation for each and every tool.
We developed processes and best practices that enable us to significantly get benefit out of Cloud implementation and reduce cloud expenditures for our clients.
Environment: Azure, HDInsight, Docker
- Implemented Azure Active Directory user Sign on instead of LDAP
- Setup all PA tools using Docker
- Migrated existing Onprimse data (more than 25 TB) to cloud with Database structure
- 4. Implemented High Availability, NFS implementation for each and every tool
- By using MS-Azure cloud, we have reduce cost of on premise resource
- By using Azure Blob, we have saved lot of customer cost and provided more security to data, as it is part of Azure cloud
- By using Docker containers ensure consistency across multiple development and release cycles, standardizing cloud environment. Docker provides repeatable development, build, test, and production environments.